Friday 28 September 2018

Plus ça change, plus ça reste la même chose

I realized coming into this blog post that I wanted to write just like I have all the other times in the past; that is, mostly stream of consciousness and submit. And there's nothing really stopping me from continuing with that tradition, except that I said I would try to shake things up. But the more I think about it, the more I realize that each blog post is unique in and of itself. Why else would I have the "kaleidoughwheel of destiny" on the side to click on? Each blog post has to be able to stand on its own for me to even publish it.

What I can probably do is update the layout. I've never actually given it much thought: once in a while, I switch the theme up a bit to something that I think looks cool, and I kind of set it and forget it. I think I would have to take a look at what modern layouts are like from other personal blogs and update it to something that's on trend. Otherwise, I run the risk of ending up like what an oldschool 90s website looks like to us. I must say that old school internet, as I call it, has its charm, with its easily clickable HTML links and relatively straightforward navigation.
I would definitely say that I'm starting to fall behind current internet trends when compared to say, 12 years ago when trolling was still a delicate but worthwhile art form. Nowadays, I spend way too much time on Reddit and although I do find a lot of interesting things and have some good exchanges once in a while, I still feel like I'm filling my head up with too much junk.

--

It's been a good week. I finally got my taxes done and out of the way, so until next year I guess. Work is still great. I'll keep the mystery of my employment until another blog post, since I see myself working here for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment