Monday 30 May 2016

Dutiful cleaning of my computer and phone

I'm using my good ol' desktop computer right now. I haven't touched it in months, mostly because I haven't been playing computer games and because it's getting really sluggish. Sluggish yet still going strong. I've had this beast since mid-2009 and aside from the yearly cleaning and some software tinkering, I've never updated any of the components. When I have a bit of extra cash, I might soup it up a little bit, but there are more important priorities in my life right now.

Right now, I'm busy uninstalling a bunch of software (again, mostly games) to try and free up some space and hopefully speed it up a little bit. One thing I'm noticing while I'm doing this is that it feels good to have a program clear up space on a computer. It's almost akin to vacuuming a dusty room and although I'm not going to be able to breathe better, I feel as if I'm liberating some space, somewhere.

I'm also taking this time spent on the computer to clean up my phone's music folder. There's a bunch of music I don't anticipate listening to any time in the near future. Getting rid of some Eminem - that shit's angry. Getting rid of some pop-electro stuff, like Far East Movement. Too much autotune. And I think I'm going to remove some of the heavier metal stuff, too. It's just not light enough for the summer.

I think I'll add some Beatles. There's a lot of joy in their music. Some Sting & The Police, because he does yoga. And let's see what kind of good dance music I can find... well, there's this song from Skins, the British version. It's pretty catchy, and not too well known, so that kind of makes me feel cool. Wait, nevermind, over one million views on one of the videos! I am so off. Regardless, it's kind of dancey.

And now I've extended past the amount of time I wanted to spend on the computer so it's time to sign off.

No comments:

Post a Comment