Sunday 28 April 2013

An excerpt from my studies

So here I am, reading and studying through my Sociology textbook for my exam tomorrow.
I read pretty fast, and the language is usually not too complicated for me to understand.

But then I get to section III of my Reading Sociology book and I get stuck with this doozy: "Estimation of multilevel logistic regressions model parameters relied on iterative generalized least squares using a predictive quasi-likelihood method with second order Taylor expansion (PQL-2) (Snidjers and Bosker 1999)."

What. the. eff.

SKIP.

---

I'm done my first full year at UofT tomorrow. Yay! This summer will be amazing; finally, a radical change from all the other shitty summers I've had.

Kazoo Anticipation Lipsync Enigma Dormant Overture United Graphite Hare Synchronicity Crank Opal Partridge Everlast

1 comment:

  1. Taylor series expansion method is used to develop an approximate function for a set of data points. The model in question will follow this mathematical skeletal function (being a second order expansion): https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=P_ZDefBfbGbhtM&tbnid=yxMO84GF-rO_1M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.shodor.org%2F~wmyers%2Fcurric%2Fworkshops%2Flessons%2Fise%2Frenee%2Fweave%2Fmodule1%2Fnode5.html&ei=FQJ_UeSbMaWH0QHyrIGwCQ&bvm=bv.45645796,d.dmQ&psig=AFQjCNFO43YDyPpEw4Sw5PFwFqN5t7Ajtg&ust=1367364476898588

    ReplyDelete