Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Year's Explosion

An atomic clock, says he. "My watch is synced!" And yet, we still foiled the countdown by a whopping 15 seconds. It was like having different time zones in the pub. On one side, the people watching TV with their countdown, and on the other, a group of friends gathered together counting down early.
And so it was twice the countdown and free champagne, courtesy of our friend S.

Reminds me of the time I was in London, ON with my katimafriends, and Five Man Electrical Band was playing a gig for New Year's in a place called Victoria Park (or so I remember). There was a stage, and beside it was a big clock counting down till the new year. The clock had been counting down for days, if not weeks already, and by the time we got the last few minutes or so, we realized that the clock was quite wrong. The band had their own watches, and they couldn't see the big countdown clock, so they counted down from their time and enticed the audience to celebrate with them, but that didn't work out because a number of people were counting on the big clock to officially celebrate the new year. So it was a whole big epic fail.

Oh, I guess celebrations are fun. They don't need to be such a big deal, but they are, so might as well celebrate.

I almost kissed a girl tonight right as the clock struck 12, but I acted like a complete fool instead and jerked my hands in front of me and half-yelled "Noooo! I can't!". So instead she kissed the (very) beardy guy on the couch next to her. It's really a shame; I thought she was cute.

Jeez, this is starting to sound like a teenage girl's personal journal, except plenty of people can read it.
Oh well, it's new year's, I'll make an exception and publish this.

Happy New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment