Monday 23 February 2009

Billetting in a medium nutshell

So I spent the last week and a bit at l'écovillage Mont Radar, to work and sleep there, among other things, instead of being at the Katimavik house.

On Saturday, there was this thing called Le Jam des Neiges where about 12 musicians came up to Mont Radar to have a jam. There was an organ, a drum set, three djembes (including mine), two flutes, an electric and acoustic guitar and a couple singers.

Anyways, it was a fantastic night, the sounds and melodies we made sounded really good, and Philippe recorded the entire night! I hope I can get a copy of our little orchestra, because I`d like to hear it again.

I ended the night by getting high with a couple of the musicians, and we smoked what they described as ``le bon pot des motards de la Beauce``, which means that the pot they had was from a biker gang or something, which is supposed to mean that the pot was really good quality? Well, I did get a nice high, so that`s that. There was good music all around and so on.

The next morning, two other musicians offered me and Dan some more pot (Dan was the other Katimavik participant who was billeting at Mont Radar with me, for the record, and he was asleep the first time I smoked up...). Dan immediately refused, and gave them what I can describe as a ``shameful`` look of scorn on his face. I openly wanted to try their pot, but Dan insisted I shouldn`t because ``it was against Katimavik rules``.

I ended up refusing too, because I was afraid that Dan was going to tell on me back when we got home, which made me quite mad... Ugh...

Other than that, the week was... Pretty bad.

On Wednesday, we were told to go into the barn and shovel a shitload of horse crap from the stall. It was frozen crap, and in some places, it was knee high. The stench was awful. It took the entire day.

The very next day, I woke up with a fever, and I was bed ridden for two days. I think it was the fumes.

I still have a cold now.

And otherwise, the week was very, very boring. It didn`t feel like billeting, because there was no one around, ever, we just lived in our little hovel, and listened to internet radio, and that was about it.

Back at the Katimavik house now, and work continues.

Only three weeks of work left for me at Mont Radar before we move to Vancouver!

Karma Aspiration Linger Entity Iodine Darwin Overcast Ulysses Grievous Hawt Spectre Citron Ophilia Philharmonic Eyeless

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are looking shitty right about now for you...no pun intended.

    ReplyDelete