Monday 17 November 2008

Post-Apocalyptic Strathvegas

O god, why have you forsaken mini Sin City?

So apparently, it's a normal thing that the town floods every year.
The local park with swings and soccer park is, I kid you not, SUBMERGED in water.

I had to walk to the grocery store today (yes, I am a house manager this week) and anything lower than the road is -flooded-. It's so cool.
I want to build a raft and pretend I'm in Venice and drift along with all the geese and ducks (who still haven't left for some reason).

Saddest point of my day:
I'm walking along, and the lake next to me (which used to be a small-ish forest) has got a bunch of geese drifting along happily (even though the water must be terribly cold). And on a whim, they all start flying away!

Ah, almost all of them fly away.

One goose is left behind, and perhaps because of some injury, it is unable to fly! It flaps its wings helplessly, and bellows out this horrifying cry of despair while the other geese fly away. And everything was silent except for this one goose crying desperately over and over again. So depressing.

In other news (much happier, I must say), I met my billeting family today!

They are so awesome.

They have a pet snake, and some kittens.
They're all a happy family, they have a young daughter, and the dad is a gamer!

Oh em gee, after two months of almost no video gamez, I can ease my cravings with the latest technologiez in gaming! Yeeeee!

And they're gonna be taking me to London - to CIVILIZATION!
We might even go see a movie - bear in mind Strathvegas doesn't even have a movie theatre.

It's going to be an awesome ten days.
I leave Thursday.

Farewell in joyfulness,
Karma Aspiration Linger Entity Iodine Darwin Overcast
Ulysses Grievous Hawt Spectre Citron Ophilia Philharmonic Eyeless

2 comments: