Wednesday 22 March 2017

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing

I've been listening to a lot of swing music lately. More specifically electro-swing music, which I believe is simply swing music with electronic elements added in like drum machines and the such.

I don't know much about swing music, actually. I know it's got a sort of sub-culture attached to it, and I know it was popular in the early 20th century but that's about it. I don't know intellectually what makes swing music what it is, but I know intuitively when I hear it whether it's swing or not. It always has that upbeat back-and-forth rhythm and is usually accompanied with some slick lyrics about dancing or being real cool.

Actually, I think it's one of the best types of dance music out there. I have a friend who is big into swing dancing and lindy hop and it seems like a rocking good time.

Maybe I'll go dancing some time! And here's a tune I caught on an electro-swing station. It might be your thing too.



No comments:

Post a Comment