Wednesday 19 August 2015

The hard ships swim softly through the snow

They're building a space elevator!

THOTH TECHNOLOGY / THE CANADIAN PRESS


Pretty neat.

Later day edit: I learned about this through Kenneth Oppel's Facebook page! He has a book series called Airbourne, and in one of the books (I can't remember which one; one of the later ones), he describes the building of a space elevator. I wish I could go into more detail; but you'd have to read the books to really get it.

Anyway, The Word on the Street is happening again this year! I've never been. But I am 95% convinced that I am going to go. It's just not an easy place to go to as an unpublished author. And I'm not going to advertise this blog because I would feel like a sell out.

Gabriel(le)

24 Aug edit: This is an atypical example of how a wannabe author thinks! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment