Saturday 27 June 2015

Waiting on the world to change

I was picking cherries in the tree in the backyard today and I was listening to the radio when "Waiting on the world to change" by John Mayer came on.


It instantly brought back memories from high school. The funny thing is I can't exactly pinpoint what memories; just a general vague feeling of having this tune playing in my life when I was 16 or so.

I don't think I really appreciated the song when it first came out. In my head, it was just another generic pop song, with a generic chord progression and a really memorable chorus. And John Mayer was just another pop star who won a grammy that year.

But being stuck in the tree and having to only focus on cherry picking and the music allowed me to really listen to the lyrics and I was really impressed. It really sums up the general apathy youth feel in the world today. And I found it neither condescending toward youth nor overly critical of the status quo. Just a "feel good" song.

Here's the Youtube video if you want to listen:



Waiting on the Canadian government to change, I'm probably gonna vote.
Kaleidoughscope

No comments:

Post a Comment