Tuesday 12 May 2015

Another semester starting again

Wow, that year flew by fast. I had my last final exam at the end of April and while I still don't know the mark, I am satisfied with what I wrote.

So now I'm taking summer ANT100Y. Again. I took Intro to Anthro my very first year, but ultimately dropped it after a whopping 8+ page essay was due. Yeah, I didn't get ahead on that.

Funnily, I have the same prof I did for the first quarter of the year (there were four profs, two for the summer session) and he's actually a really good prof. A primatologist with experience in the jungle and with many funny tales to tell. And sad ones.

Man, he got pessimistic over two years. I mean yeah, humans are kinda destroying the planet and ultimately ourselves, but we can still change things around, right? Probably not. This time around, he mentioned the rampant antibiotic use as a very real problem. Essentially, super-bacteria are adapting much faster than we can keep up. So that's a bummer.

So I actually have all my course notes from that year, so that's a plus. And when I took the test, I got an A, so that's also great. Looking forward to getting this big fat first year credit out of the way.

Other than that, life continues as normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment