Tuesday 19 February 2013

Train No. 56

I'm on a train to Montreal right now. It's quite a smooth trip. It was raining when I left Toronto, but now the rain has turned to snow. Some Phil Collins is playing through my iPod, and the train is bellowing out the standard long-long-short-long horn as it approaches road crossings. There's two college-age girls sitting across from me who are also, it seems, taking a vacation during reading week.

I welcome this break from the monotonous routine back at home. Wake up. Vitamins, water. Eat. Computer. School. Badminton. Eat. Vitamins. Sleep. Repeat. Truth is, I haven't been out of Toronto for almost a year. And living in Toronto for that long a time can make anyone weary. And it's great that I just heard a train attendant announce over the speakerphone that we'll be arriving in Cornwall in 5 minutes. I now feel sufficiently far away from Toronto and the school stresses that I could just take a great deep sigh.

Last bit of news: I had to drop my Anthropology course that I found really interesting because of a big essay that was just too much work to finish. I was doing somewhat well up to this point, but that essay would have taken too big a hit on my mark, and I want to keep a sufficiently high GPA.

That's all, take care.

1 comment:

  1. You got a laptop?

    How long will you be in mtl? I wanted to make a trip there on Thursday. Where are you staying?

    ReplyDelete