Sunday 27 February 2011

Sad & happy 1

Sometimes it's nice to be able to simplify things into black and white. Simplified does not necessarily equal "not intricate".


in·tri·cate

[in-tri-kit]
–adjective
1.
having many interrelated parts or facets; entangled or involved: an intricate maze.



Things that make me feel sad

  • Losing a team game (video or otherwise) because someone didn't care enough about the game and/or gave up because it seemed impossible to win
  • Having amazing adventurous ideas but no one ever having the time to do them with me
  • Being afraid to mention said ideas among friends, especially acquaintances
  • People wanting to hang out with me but end up forgetting to because of constraints (mental, societal etc.)
  • Hearing and witnessing the cats of the house scream when they're playfighting
  • Spending the day wandering the city looking for glimpses of love, hope, and happiness in public and not seeing it
  • People hating on other people because of the way they choose to spend their time
  • Talking about something that interests me to a group of people and having them get disinterested because I can't articulate what I want to say, or the idea in my head is confusing and I need more time to explain
  • Not seeing the possibility of having someone call or write to tell me about their problems and stories
  • Songbird (music player) playing tunes that I'm not feeling at the time that I hear them
Things that make me feel happy
  • Someone complimenting my wealth of knowledge
  • Playing a game I'm somewhat good at with friends of my generation
  • Learning games in a non-time dependent setting
  • Getting the wanderer's high (similar to the runner's high)
  • Being able to lock eyes with someone I trust and them being able to sustain the gaze
  • Coloured duct tape
  • Being able to sing without worry
  • Re-discovering my Yu-gi-oh cards
  • Being around people who don't generalize the effects of marijuana
  • Being around people who are drinking
  • Being around people who don't feel the want to drink
  • Finding connections with people I never knew I had
  • Discovering someone's philosophy of life in a one-on-one setting
  • Finding (old) presents friends gave me, especially when the presents are unintentional, but also things that I can tell had some amount of time put into them, without feeling like money came into play significantly
  • My purple ink pen

There are way better examples than the ones I've listed here; I'm not that boring. I just can't think of anything right now and I just felt like writing random things down. I better post this now before I feel like re-inventing all those point forms.

I am right-hearted.


P.S. If you can relate to ANY of the points I just listed, please love a comment! If you feel you can't relate to ANY of the points I just listed, please leave a comment! :)

Karma Aspiration Linger Entity Iodinic Daringless Overcast Ulysse Grievous Hawt Spectrum Citronelle Ophilia Philharmonikally Eyesfull

2 comments:

  1. I liked the point about being able to lock eyes with someone. That is sometimes hard to do. But it's so easy to do with someone your are comfortable with. It's weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel sad about friendships lost due to lack of effort on my part. I think I am the worst keep in contacter. Tonight I am going to respond to emails and write new ones to friends not forgotten but greatly missed.

    keep in contacter: noun, one who makes contact with long distance friends/family.

    I will link your post to my blog Gabe because I like it that much.

    ReplyDelete